The Stoner Chronicles

May 03, 2004

I've been an on again off again cigarette smoker for a lot of reasons, but never, for the record, because of a commerical. Cigarettes, in case anyone hasn't been reading or watching TV, is supposedly extremely addictive. I would believe in addiction, if it wasn't for cigarettes. Because, I am, in fact an "addict" of many circumstances. I love weed, sex, masturbation, birdman, thinking i'm pregnant every month, television, biting my nails, blackheads, bruce mcculloch, thinking i'm terminally ill. And believe me, all of these are no joke, they're knock down, rough and tumble realizations that could fight either of each other to the death for being the worst, although I don't know why they would want to do that. So, if there was such a thing as an addiction, you think i'd be broke, and headed to the the reservation after this post. I just can't get into cigarettes.

I love camel lights when i'm high, not only because of their smooth and delightful chemical taste, but also because they have a brown filter and it's easier to distinguish which side to light. When we were on our way to florida, the bargain hunter in me came out, and at 2.50 a pack I had to smoke, apart from the stress of a 34 hour straight drive. But when i'm not high, or cramped in a car for long periods of time, I have no real interest in smoking them. And now i'm usually not high all day.

Sometimes i'll smoke right after I watch a really good movie, or if i'm listening to the White Stripes, I can't help feeling just a little bit cool. Look at me, killing myself, i don't give a fuck, what an army these cigarette people are. I can't flick a cigarette that cool yet, and i don't do it enough to practice, whenever I see anyone with a perfect flick I think, 'wow, they're going to die soon", and of course, "damn that was really cool". ALMOST AS COOL AS WRITING IN CAPITAL LETTERS.

So, under my own circumstances, there is no such thing as addiction, or I am one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home