The Stoner Chronicles

March 22, 2005

day three

I didn't cry today!

Can you accidentally become anorexic? I was just wondering. My face doesn't feel so flabby anymore, and my pants fit and shit. I'm very proud of myself, but I haven't been eating much. I've realized that when i'm not high ten hours a day, I'm not hungry like the wolf. Of course this is certainly not the first time I've tried to cut down, but this is the first time I've lasted on a diet for more than a month, and this is most definitely the first time I've exercised every morning since I was 10 or 11, and that was technically considered "playing outside". I wish I could still play outside. Maybe tomorrow I'll go buy a wiffle ball and tear down the street with a lollipop in my mouth and a baseball cap on. If you know me that would be quite a humorous visual. In every picture I've ever seen of myself as I kid, I always had shit on my face, including "professional" school pictures. Paul is eating Velveeta shells and cheese in front of me and I almost just broke my no-cry record for the day.

So I just got a call from my mom. We dropped her off at the airport at 10am, and her flight left for Altanta at 2pm. When she got to Atlanta, there was a delay on the runway, and her connecting flight left without her and about ten other people. So they gave her a food voucher, which she was suprisingly content with, and told her to hang in there until another opportunity arose for her to get to Florida. Now it's 9pm and she's still in Altanta! Apparently, she actually got a spot on a flight out at around 5:45pm, and this crazy bitch who had been waiting about six hours less than her freaked out on the AirTran people, and they gave her my mom's spot! So my mom just called me telling me that she was tired and cold, and I'm a little pissed off right now. I just called AirTran and the fucktard that answered the phone wasn't very sympathetic. Now, because of the weather, she isn't even guaranteed a flight until midnight. So the guy on the phone tells me "well her flight is delayed because of the weather". Duh, but if the other plane hadn't left without all of its passengers because of a mistake that your company made, she'd have been in Ft. Lauderdale six hours ago before the fucking weather started getting bad! So, I was remarkably calm on the phone with him, hoping that he could at least put her up in a hotel or something, and he hurried me off the phone. In his defense, I can only imagine how many angry ass people, and relatives of angry ass people flying from Atlanta are on the other lines waiting to chew him out. My poor mom works sixteen hours a day, and this is her only vacation she gets to take out of the whole shitty year, and she only goes because me and my sisters pay for the plane ticket, and this has to happen. Maybe I should call the gate desk. Anyone have any ideas?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home