The Stoner Chronicles

February 02, 2005

Media Technology: Friend or Foe?

So, fuck this. I got a digital voice recorder, and a karaoke machine in hopes of creating the first ghetto rigged internet radio show. My pants are really tight right now, and they just slowly crept up my leg and I honestly thought I was peeing my pants for a second. I have a real fear of losing my bowels every day probably more than most people over 70. What if you woke up one day and it wasn't there anymore? The need, you know? It's terrifying.

There's this older guy in a yellow polo sweater and khaki's , like he came from his yacht to community college, and he's sitting next to me, I think he's gonna make small talk. Nevermind, he just walked away. Anyway, my voice recorder automatically converts all of the files to WAV, as opposed to MP3's like I had hoped. I mean, I was pretty much prepared for WAV, but it would just be easier if it was MP3, you know how I like the world to appease me and such. So I went to download.com, trying to find a LEGAL Wav to MP3 converter, so I could have a link at the top of my blog, and people could download our "radio" show like a song, legally. After three different bunkum converters that I'm pretty sure were specifically created to waste time and piss people off legally, I am just as close to an internet radio show as I was when I started.

If anyone out there knows a good, free, legal WAV to MP3 converter, or at least some way to get me out of this spot, I will reward them with something very special, that being my acceptance, and a burned CD including Birdman singing Rapper's Delight, and of course, Ground Control to Major Tom, or whatever it's actual name is. But seriously folks, a reward is in order to any of my far more technologically advanced readers and listeners of The Stoner Chronicles. Thank you.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home