The Stoner Chronicles

June 03, 2004

This morning was the first time I've woken up past noon in a very long time. For some strange reason, whenever I wake up late, I find myself torn about things I would not normally be concerned about at say, 9 or 10 am. Not just things that are going right and wrong in my life, i'm talking about world affairs and unloved children and dogs and my dream interpretation I keep having of my sister's old apartment with all these stairs, and a special room, and weird al being killed by the mafia. I worry about money, but with birdman working so much there's really no need for it. I think about having to go back to school in the fall, and I really don't want to go back, there's no real reason why I shouldn't and yet there's no real reason why I should either. I could always become a poet, but I'm deathly fucking afraid that i'm that kid with the wolf t-shirt at writing camp that everyone raves about their fantasy short story because they don't want them to one day wake up and put the wolf t-shirt on and go to brush their teeth and realize, holy fuck i'm a virgin and i'm wearing a wolf t-shirt. Both dogs in the room are staring at me right now like they can hear everything that's going on in my head. When is the self confidence going to kick in? When do we go from the proverbial Zero to Hero, in our own minds, like right after high school i thought. No one should be this worried on the first sunny day in weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home