The Stoner Chronicles

April 01, 2003

publishing is temporarily unavailable, but i'm going to post anyway...

I'm not really sure what to say about smoking anymore. I've watched myself slowly lose touch with certain things, and at the same time, the friends that I know i'll always have, and the experiences that i'm sure none of you will ever experience used to balance out.

And so the three week fast begins today, and then after that, we will smoke only when we write, which gives us further incentive to blow the fuck out of anyone who's ever questioned me as a comedic goddess...

This whole idea of being sober is almost exciting, as i've been smoking everyday for a good two years now. I have no idea what my potential is, as an adult, and that scares me in ways that a non-stoner may never really get. I used to think that by saying I do smoke a lot, I would be admitting fault, to the rest of the world anyway, because smoking is bad there, it's illegal and i'm sure you have an uncle that smokes a lot, and he has a construction job and a fat wife and unloving children. Please don't get me wrong stoners, I still take the same stand on marijuana that i always have: if you don't smoke it, you have nothing to say. But lately it's become an excuse for certain things, I don't do as well in school as i'm sure I would if most of my time wasn't spent hanging out at the foot of ferry with Birdman, or eating deep fryer foods at Ryonce's, or going to Amvets with Flippin Wench, getting lost on the Thruway with Angelator.

Or I could be completely wrong about the entire thing...maybe i'd be rebelling sober at this point in my life because i've never fit into a structured setting, and i'm sure as fuck not going to pay 20 grand to have someone mold me into the dot that fits into the hole that makes the streets run smoother and the computers go faster and the children more literate and the grocery stores full. Maybe i'm not cut out for anything traditional, and it's not the weed. This is what the stoner fast is all about.


I am not giving up the stems, i'm just saving them to boil for another sunny day.

DAY ONE, ironically falling on April fools, but all kidding aside, druggies, this stoner is on vacation in a not so wooded area...

daily updates to come...





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home